Sunday, November 3, 2013

ATLF Surgery

ATLF Reconstruction of My Left Ankle


My Left Ankle was damaged badly in the car accident.  All efforts were made to avoid surgery but failed.  My Neurosurgeon instructed that I must have the foot surgery 
before we were to do my back fusion. 

I am kind of weird in the fact that prior to any surgery I watched videos and read everything I could.
I needed to know what to expect.   I was expecting a challenge in recovery and I GOT one.
This was a VERY long recovery process. 

The surgery consisted of 6 holes drilled into my bones at different angles around my ankle as well as about a 4 inch incision on the outside of my foot/ankle.  

Here is how pub med  describes the process...

Grade III is a complete tear. Severe pain and tenderness, inability to bear weight, 
and significant joint instability are noted.




Post- Op Cast Removal

I was in the cast for a total of 6 weeks.  I was not allowed to bear any weight and could not be on crutches for the fact of surgery on my left shoulder the same day of the ATLF Reconstruction.




Exit hole for the Sub-T donor tendon



No comments:

Post a Comment