Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Nerves - The Story behind the Art



The Story behind -  Nerves


When you live in physical pain on a daily basis, 
you have a choice.

You can either dwell on the loss and un-comfortability 
or you can find the blessings of the moment.

  I believe that it is very normal to vasalite between the stark difference of emotions.  WE are physical beings.  It is up to us to become in-tune with the meaning of our experiences.  

I was extremely physically active prior to my accident.  I worked to achieve an "almost free from mortality" existence during each workout.  Following the accident, for a very long time, all I could feel was 
physical limitations and pain. 

The Brachial Plexus is a group of nerves that come from the spinal cord in the neck and travel down the arm.  These nerves control the muscles of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand, as well as provide feeling in the arm. 

 A brachial plexus injury occurs when these nerves are stretched, compressed, or in the most serious cases, ripped apart or torn away from the spinal cord.
Severe brachial plexus injuries can leave your arm paralyzed, with a loss of function and sensation.


Due to the severity of the impact of collision, 
my brachial plexus was greatly damaged.  
This left me with a loss of feeling, control and pain.  

 Essentially Nerves are the resident electricians of the body.  Unfortunatly they stink at repair jobs. The nerves that make up the brachial plexus, try as hard as they can to heal themselves.   Still, this results in constant nerve twitches and uncontrolled lack of use, often at very spariatic times. 

I fought my reality for a long time.
However, once I accepted and began practicing 
 living in a way I call,  "RAW" 
I have begun to see some of the most 
amazing gifts this world has to offer.  

Before my accident, I was always in a rush. 
 I appreciated the beauty around me 
that the world shared, but I never took time to 
truly listen to the lessons the Earth had to teach.

Living raw means we have no expectations.
 We do not live to control. 
We live to be guided by a power greater than us. 


Nerves

raw stripped away
by physical pain
left exposed
vulnerable
an apparent 
right of passage
for focused feeling.

grasping thin air
damage inhibits success
succumbed to
reality of weakness
gives way for new light.
- Laura Carnagie









No comments:

Post a Comment