Thursday, April 18, 2013

Missed Olympics Vol. 5

The Power to Motivate

John Nunn US Army WCAP Photo




 A hearts desire becomes the motivation .......


Surprisingly it was my younger brother, John Nunn, who really took off with Race Walking.   He was the one that helped me revisit my childhood dream of competing in the Olympics. 

He was a runner thru high school but was given the opportunity to race walk in college for a scholarship. He took the opportunity and has never looked back!  



Wining race after race nationally and competing internationally, he earned the right to compete as a United States Athlete in the 2004 Olympics in Greece. 

My husband, Scott, pampered me with a trip  to Greece to watch my brother compete. 



And that is when it happened ..... I realized the desire to challenge myself in race walking was still alive and  screaming  inside to be tested....

No comments:

Post a Comment